Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jonesborough, TN

Having some free time today, I decided to start taking making some posts about some places that we did manage to visit but did not get posted. Today will be about our stop in Jonesborough, Tennessee.

On our way north, we stopped for 6 days in the Johnson City area of eastern Tennessee. This is an area that we have read about and will consider as a new home area should we decide to move from South Florida. Our initial visit to the area was positive so we are planning to return and stay for a month to get a better feel for the area.

Linda likes the mountains, so we concentrated our looking in the Jonesborough area which is about 6 miles southwest of Johnson City.

Jonesborough is Tennessee's oldest incorporated municipality and was once the state capitol. There are numerous old well kept buildings in town with shops, a few restaurants, and most important of all (to Linda) a quilt shop. Of course this is not any old ordinary quilt shop but a shop with one of the best fabric selections in the nation. We did not get in and out of there for free. Linda also found another of her favorite places, a coffee shop! We didn't get out of there for free either.

The next few pictures will show the downtown area of Jonesborough including the main street, the county county court house, and a very old hotel and a couple of other buildings. These are my first post of pictures and I had some

difficulty in positioning things. I'll have to go back to the tutorial to figure this out. Click on any picture for a larger view.

1 comment:

GypsyPals said...

If you figure out how to manage image placement, let me know. I have tried and tried with some of my posts, and finally just gave up. Yours look good for a first effort, believe me. I'm fooling around with trying to upload a video now. It really bogged down my machine and I gave up on the first try. I need to go read the tutorial, too.

Enough tech talk! Sounds like a real possibility for an area to relocate to. I like your strategy of staying a month. Does it have attractive features for Terry, too??