Sunday, May 11, 2008

Motorhome work

Friday I called Independence RV to check on the progress of the work being done on our motorhome. The original plan called for the new carpet to be installed over a 3 day period, starting this past Monday. Then on Thursday the MH was to go to the body shop for 2 days for repair and paint. I thought I'd be picking up the MH on this coming Monday so that we could start loading for our 5 month trip that is scheduled to start on May 18th.

Silly me. I had forgotten what it is like to deal with an RV dealers service department. They just finished the carpet install on Friday and plan on starting the body work this coming Monday. If all goes well, they hope I can pick up the MH on Thursday, May 15th. That's going to make for lots of work to get things loaded and ready to go by Sunday!

Right in the middle of this prep for launch is my (Terry) retirement dinner on Saturday night. I'm excited about attending but this will be a very busy week for us to get everthing done.

No comments: